1. Who We Are.
We are Haskins Farnham Limited, and we trade as ‘Forest Lodge Garden Centre’, ‘The Restaurant at Forest Lodge’, ‘Garden Style Plant Centre’ and ‘Birdworld, Bird Park and Gardens’.
Haskins Farnham Ltd, including trading operations is committed to protecting your personal information. In particular, we want you to know that Haskins Farnham Ltd is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
We may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/05/2018.
Haskins Farnham Ltd is a limited Company incorporated in England and Wales (Company number 601922). Haskins Farnham Ltd is the data controller of your personal information.
Contact details for Haskins Farnham Ltd and trading divisions
Haskins Farnham Ltd
Forest Lodge Garden Centre
By phone 01420 23249 (Head Office)
If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact our Data Protection Team by email: email@example.com
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information.
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include
Purchasing tickets or products online, over the phone or in person.
Where you sign up to receive newsletters or other emails from us.
Apply for membership of Birdworld.
Apply for a job vacancy.
Place an order.
Book an experience including Santa or penguin feeding for example.
Request a delivery.
The information could be collected electronically if you supply the personal information via our websites or by email. It may be in paper form which we may transcribe to an electronic format or it could be provided verbally.
3. The Types of Information We Collect.
We only collect the information that is necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you have requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, but this may limit the level of personalisation we are able to offer.
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you create an account with us, register on our website or purchase tickets or other items from us online, by post or phone we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting. If you are under 16 years of age, you must get permission from your parents or guardian before providing us with your personal information.
We may collect:
• Full name.
• Email address.
• Contact phone number(s).
• Payment card details. Please note, we will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction.
• Delivery address(s).
• Billing address.
We will only collect necessary information and so for example, our Birdworld newsletter requires only a name and email address.
If you are a job applicant, then we will need to collect additional personal information that would include –
• Employment history
• Education history
If you become an employee then we will need to collect further personal information including –
• Date of Birth
• Bank Details
• National Insurance Number
• Passport /Driving License/ or other documentation to support your right to work in the UK.
When visiting our website we may collect the following information:
• Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
Information we obtain indirectly from you:
• We use CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises for monitoring and security purposes and therefore your personal image may be recorded on any visit.
• Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
4. Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It.
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways. The main ones are –
• To provide a service you have requested.
• Offer you a personalised experience.
• Inform you of events or updates you have asked for.
• To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information.
Specifically, we use your information we collect in the following ways:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
• To fulfil ticket, merchandise, donation and membership requests.
• Process payments. Please note that Haskins Farnham Ltd does not store any Credit Card or other payment information once the transaction has been completed.
• Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration.
• Contact you with important information relating to your booking or purchase, such as confirming your order, reminding you of an upcoming event you have booked or letting you know about works that may affect your visit.
Where we have your consent:
• Send you updates via email about offers, news, or supporting us.
• Email you about a specific topic you have requested to hear more.
• You will always be able to opt out of our communications.
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
• Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
• Help us target our marketing communications so that they are more relevant to you.
• For classifying our customers into groups or segments. These segments help us to understand our customers better and ensure we are sending relevant messages to each group.
• Measure and understand how our customers respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
• Analyse and continually improve the services we offer, our websites and our other products.
• To keep our database accurate and relevant.
• Send renewal reminders or offer repeat orders.
• The use of CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises for monitoring and security purposes.
• Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
5. How We Handle Your Information and Other Organisations.
Denys E Head Ltd will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – payment processing is a good example of this. We use ‘AG Marketing’ and ‘Campaign Monitor’ to help manage our email correspondence and websites. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
• Service providers who work on behalf of Haskins Farnham Ltd for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, for example payment processing, pension providers (if an employee), website hosting or email delivery service.
Links to Other Websites:
• Our websites may contain links to other websites of interest to you. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites.
6. Your Rights.
When you provide us with your personal information you have certain rights, these include the right to ensure:
• We process your data fairly and lawfully.
• your data is accurate
• not excessive
• data is secure
• not retained for too long
• Have your data updated and amended if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
• Restrict the level of processing or object to automated processing.
• Know how long we keep your data.
• Ask us to erase your data at any point and be forgotten under certain circumstances.
• Ask us to provide details of your personal data that we hold.
• You can ask for the data to be supplied to you in a portable format if appropriate.
You can do this by using the information in section 1. We will, of course, need to verify your identity before we can speak to you about the data or act on your instructions.
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose. For example, if purchasing a membership or Santa experience, we will typically keep your data for up to three years from the date of your last transaction, whereas if you have requested a delivery we will hold your details for six months. Applicants for job opportunities will have their details held for 6 months if the application is unsuccessful. Newsletter recipients and privilege club recipients may opt out at any time and their associated details will be removed within 30 days. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Data Protection Team using the contact details outlined in this notice.
7. How We Protect Your Data.
Haskins Farnham Ltd is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use.
This notice was updated on 1st May 2020. It may be updated to take into account changes at Haskins Farnham Ltd or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.
Further information on data protection regulations and laws can be found here:
• Data Protection: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public